Collected by Kristina Rikantis
China, Beijing Shi, Dongcheng Qu, 瓷器库胡同2 邮政编码: 100006
Li Qun Duck Restaurant is hidden in a Qianmen hutong. (To find it, follow the ducks painted on the hutong walls!) The restaurant doesn't put on airs, and feels effortlessly authentic despite the fact that pictures of statesman and ambassadors who...
186 Wangfujing St, WangFuJing, Dongcheng Qu, China, 100006
Wangfujing is first and foremost a tourist market. It's bold, brash, and unapologetic—and for that, it has my respect. Wangfujing is comfortable in its own skin, even when that skin is crawling with scorpions. I'll always have a special place in...
Dong An Men Da Jie, DongDan, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100006
After an aimless walk through the calm hutongs in the centre of Beijing, we suddenly came to a crowded night market. It was only one row of food stalls, but it stretched for several hundred meters! Among other things, you can find more unusual...
Wangfujing, Dongcheng, Beijing, China, 100006
You can find just about anything you never thought you would eat at the Beijing Donghuamen Night Market, along with a few things you just might recognize. Try the fried scorpions, much to my surprise, they actually were kind of tasty--once you get...
4 Jingshan Front St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100006
I used to be a docile tourist—get a map and brochure at the entrance, follow the prescribed route, or make a beeline for points of my interest. But one day impatience taught me the rollicking fun of ignorance and discovery. I didn’t...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico