Collected by Cigdem Sengul
101 Fucheng Rd, Haidian Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100142
One review said that this was the best Beijing duck restaurant in Beijing since it opened in 1855, but lost some of its prestige since the People's Republic of China was established. Back in America, I thought ten years was a long time for a...
China, Beijing Shi, Dongcheng Qu, Dongsi 10th Alley, 东四十条甲22号南新仓商务大厦1-2层 邮政编码: 100001
You can’t leave Beijing without having Peking duck at Da Dong. I eat the crisp skin first, dipped in sugar. Then I pile the skin, meat, leek, cucumber, and sweet, fermented sauce onto pancakes. I finish by drinking the broth from the carcass. —...
3 Xinbi St, Xicheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100051
This gleaming performing arts center, sometimes called the Giant Egg, was designed by French architect Paul Andreu and inaugurated in 2007. The ellipsoid dome, made of titanium and glass and surrounded by a man-made lake, looks a bit like a...
Dongzhimen Inner St, DongZhiMen, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
After visiting the Yonghe (Lama) Temple in Beijing, stop and enjoy fresh made dumplings. This gem is located at Beixinqiao 1st alley, which is near the Beixinqiao northeast station exit. You will love the variety they offer (and the price). If I...
Via San Giovanni Vecchio, 89, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
I'm not one to skip breakfast, especially in Italy, where thoughts of cappuccino, pastries, and local ham tend to rouse me early from slumber. But on my first morning at the Hotel Sant’Angelo, in the old quarter of Matera, I was having a hard time...
- 1 Natural Wonders “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 2 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 3 Where to Go in Spring California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 4 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 5 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals