Been there, done that
Collected by AFAR Traveler
Seattle, WA, USA
One of Seattle's landmark buildings, the downtown public library is a dramatically asymmetrical, 11 story glass-and-steel 'sculpture' that takes up an entire city block. Designed by Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas, the interior features a continuous...
The Moon & Venus during a sunrise atop Mt. Haleakala on the island of Maui. This is an experience not to be missed. There are different tour companies that can take you to the top to see the sunrise. You can also drive yourself to the top, which...
Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
The secret to having a good time in Bagan has nothing to do with getting there - all that takes is faith in a Burmese pilot and his ancient aircraft, or an unwavering belief that your 13-hour bus ride from Yangon will actually deliver you to the...
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
To be standing in the Angkor Wat complex was a dream of mine. I couldn't believe how old it really was and that it was still there! It was amazing to be able to walk inside and see all the reliefs but, what really made this a special experience...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019