Collected by Marie Frei
Spectacle Island, Boston, MA, USA
The first stop on the ferry ride out to the Boston Harbour Islands is Spectacle Island. It's a small island but manages to fit a sandy beach and a visitor center. The walking trail circling and ascending this island's mound will show you Boston's...
1 Long Wharf, Boston, MA 02110, USA
In the summer, when the temperatures reach sweltering and the city is crowded with tourists, the Boston Harbor Islands are where Bostonians go to escape. The Harbour Islands are comprised of 12 islands in total. Although it's a mere 15 to 20...
Georges Island, Boston, MA, USA
After visiting Spectacle Island, travel on the next ferry to Georges Island. Civil War-era Fort Warren is the main feature to explore on this island. This is the kind of place ghost stories and legends are made of. It's especially eerie on foggy,...
1071 Soldiers Field Rd, Boston, MA 02134, USA
The Charles separates Boston from its northern neighbor Cambridge, home to the Head of the Charles Regatta (one of the world's largest rowing events), and is a fairly hectic waterway when it comes to boat traffic. Actually, because of the river...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign