Collected by Amie Watson, AFAR Local Expert
Mount Finlayson, Langford, BC V9B 0A4, Canada
You’ll need up to three hours to hike this popular ascent located less than half an hour from downtown Victoria. Starting from a canopy of Cedars and Douglas Firs, push hard to the lookout south of Bear Mountain. Not recommended for children, it’s...
Langford, BC, Canada
A short hike from Bear Mountain, Goldstream Provincial Park is a temperate rainforest. In warm months, take advantage of the waterfalls to cool off. But from October to December come to see the wild Chum, Coho and Chinook salmon spawning and to...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now