Beaches worth spending all your annual leave on
Collected by Genevieve, AFAR Local Expert
Point Lookout QLD 4183, Australia
Point Lookout on Stradbroke Island is the perfect place to take a dip in the waves, bliss out on the beach and tune in to island time. Enjoy this view from the Surf Life Saving Club over lunch or chill out on the beach before wandering down the...
Moreton Island, Queensland, Australia
The most beautiful beach I have ever seen is Eastern Beach on Moreton Island. You'll need a 4WD (or a tour) to get around the island, but it's worth the effort. When we visited, we were the only ones standing on this expansive sandy beach fringed...
8 The Esplanade, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
Sea Temple sits proudly in the heart of Surfers Paradise, and if you pick the right floor, lifts you a world away from the noisy street below. Great access to Surfers, but a peaceful escape at the same time. Sea Temple is one of the Gold Coast's...
Burleigh Beach, Queensland, Australia
This little patch of grass up on the headland along side Burleigh Beach is a prime snoozing spot after hitting the beach with friends and grabbing lunch from the local beachfront cafes. Burleigh is rarely very crowded and we had this spot all to...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter