Beaches I know and love
Collected by Kiara Downey , AFAR Local Expert
Todos Santos, Baja California Sur, Mexico
The most rugged, sketchy roads always seem to lead to the best surf breaks. This photo captures the early morning drive over the hill to Cerritos beach in Baja Mexico. Down below I discovered perfect, glassy rights and only a few early risers in...
Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania
It's great to walk around the spice market, where a dizzying cocktail of sweet, spicy, and earthy aromas fills your nostrils. But don't forget to walk into the significantly less pleasant-smelling chicken market, where people barter and purchase...
4726 Santa Monica Ave, San Diego, CA 92107, USA
Being a runner, it grounds me when I have the chance to run on a beach in a new city. Not only do you get a nice workout in, it's a great and efficient way to get the vibe of the locals. Try and write the word "Run" in as many languages and as...
Playa Guiones, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
After a morning surf session on perfect 2-3 ft. curlers, the wind picks up and turns the break into something else. That's when it is time to stretch the legs and take a stroll along the peaceful Playa Guiones. Each day here starts this way, and...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019