Collected by Andy Hansen
Máncora District, Peru
A true desert outpost, the Peruvian town of Mancora enjoys the most sunshine hours of anywhere in the country. Unlike the rest of Peru the water is warm enough to surf without a wetsuit, a welcome complement to an area already featuring some of...
Rozengracht 2, 1016 NB Amsterdam, Netherlands
The atmosphere is heavy, the decibel level very low, and the wooden decor both comforting, and inviting. People in this café are either locals reading the newspapers while sipping a cappuccino, or, like me, tourists who just visited the Anne Frank...
Panama Canal, Panama
Paddling through the Panama Canal? Yes, a passion born from an annual race called the Regata de Cayucos: Ocean to Ocean, founded in 1954. Witnessing the three day race (or even a few practices leading up to it, as I did) is such a phenomenal way...
- 1 Tips + News This Is the Happiest State in the U.S.
- 2 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 3 Air Travel U.S. Customs Is Bringing Preclearance to These Foreign Airports
- 4 Tips + News CDC Issues Coronavirus Holiday Travel Advice
- 5 Tips + News Europe’s New COVID-19 Travel Rules, Explained
More From AFAR
Sponsored by The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel