Beach Trips to the South of Playa del Carmen
Collected by Bobby Heard, AFAR Local Expert
KM-269.5, Chetumal, Juárez, 77750 Puerto Aventuras, Q.R., Mexico
How do you photograph the sweet strains of piano and guitar that float around you or the sense of calm that envelopes you when you gaze across the still water of the pool and out to the sea? How do you put into words the...
Carretera Tulum, Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
After our first sighting it just got better, and it was common to see several turtles at a time. We swam further, discovering another of the larger green turtles inhabiting the bay. We carefully positioned ourselves – watching, waiting patiently....
Carretera Federal, Cancun - Chetumal Km 230, 307, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
While not as large as other ancient Mayan cities in the region, Tulum draws in visitors for its stunning setting of centuries-old temples perched on a cliff by the Caribbean Sea. You’ll pass a large market with souvenirs, a casual Mexican...
Carretera Puerto Juarez Km. 278, Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Nestled deep into the jungle to the south of Playa, this beach club is secluded, relatively quiet and the definition of relaxing. Full-service restaurant onsite. There is no fee to use the beach club, but a minimum of 200 pesos consumption per...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises