Collected by Dave
900 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
"Franklin Barbecue in Austin may be the most popular barbecue joint in the world," says Daniel Vaughn, the barbecue editor for Texas Monthly. "It actually made the local news when the line was short due to crazy cold temperatures. They make my...
18300 Farm to Market Rd 1826, Driftwood, TX 78619, USA
I have dreams about the family style BBQ from the Salt Lick, it's that good. Located beneath the oak trees in a sprawling space in Driftwood, Texas, it is the perfect place to gather with friends and family and celebrate all things Texan. On the...
206 W 2nd St, Taylor, TX 76574, USA
"This would be where I eat my last BBQ meal," says Daniel Vaughn, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. "It's a beautiful old building without heat or A/C, and they're known for giant peppery beef ribs. It's like going to meat mass at a barbecue...
516 Main St, Lexington, TX 78947, USA
At this small-town barbecue joint in Lexington, Texas, 78-year-old pit master Tootsie Tomanetz turns out spectacular ribs, chicken, and, of course, brisket, says Daniel Vaughn, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. Get there early—Snow's is only open...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos