Collected by Dave
900 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
"Franklin Barbecue in Austin may be the most popular barbecue joint in the world," says Daniel Vaughn, the barbecue editor for Texas Monthly. "It actually made the local news when the line was short due to crazy cold temperatures. They make my...
18300 Farm to Market Rd 1826, Driftwood, TX 78619, USA
I have dreams about the family style BBQ from the Salt Lick, it's that good. Located beneath the oak trees in a sprawling space in Driftwood, Texas, it is the perfect place to gather with friends and family and celebrate all things Texan. On the...
206 W 2nd St, Taylor, TX 76574, USA
"This would be where I eat my last BBQ meal," says Daniel Vaughn, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. "It's a beautiful old building without heat or A/C, and they're known for giant peppery beef ribs. It's like going to meat mass at a barbecue...
2402 San Gabriel St, Austin, TX 78705, USA
Tucked way in West Campus in an awesome converted home; Freedmen's is a laid-back lounge, beer garden, and smokehouse serving barbecue and retro-inspired cocktails. Happy Hour is from 4 to 7 pm, Tuesday through Friday, and includes $2 Lone Star,...
516 Main St, Lexington, TX 78947, USA
At this small-town barbecue joint in Lexington, Texas, 78-year-old pit master Tootsie Tomanetz turns out spectacular ribs, chicken, and, of course, brisket, says Daniel Vaughn, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. Get there early—Snow's is only open...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now