Bay of Plenty, NZ
The volcano on Tuhua, also known as Mayor Island, has been at rest for the last few thousand years. But volcanic activity still defines the island: Its name is a Maori word for the black obsidian glass formed by cooled lava, and the water around...
Nine kilometers (5.5 miles) off the coast from Whakatane, Moutohora (also known as Whale Island) was carefully cleared of pests and predators to create a sanctuary for wildlife and an area of thriving biodiversity. There are more than 200 plant...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May