Bay of Plenty, NZ
The volcano on Tuhua, also known as Mayor Island, has been at rest for the last few thousand years. But volcanic activity still defines the island: Its name is a Maori word for the black obsidian glass formed by cooled lava, and the water around...
Nine kilometers (5.5 miles) off the coast from Whakatane, Moutohora (also known as Whale Island) was carefully cleared of pests and predators to create a sanctuary for wildlife and an area of thriving biodiversity. There are more than 200 plant...
- 1 Longreads The God of Silence Speaks Up
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines to Cut Service to These U.S. Cities—Will There Be More?
- 3 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Tips + News U.S. Airports Will No Longer Screen International Arrivals for COVID-19
- 5 Trending News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?