Bay of Plenty, NZ
The volcano on Tuhua, also known as Mayor Island, has been at rest for the last few thousand years. But volcanic activity still defines the island: Its name is a Maori word for the black obsidian glass formed by cooled lava, and the water around...
Nine kilometers (5.5 miles) off the coast from Whakatane, Moutohora (also known as Whale Island) was carefully cleared of pests and predators to create a sanctuary for wildlife and an area of thriving biodiversity. There are more than 200 plant...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter