Collected by Brianne McElhiney
Kampenwandstraße 85, 83229 Aschau im Chiemgau, Germany
Sixteen apartments—plus a library and wine cellar—owned by German furniture designer Nils Holger Moormann sit at the foot of the Bavarian Alps. Inside a 17th-century estate, Moormann’s modern interiors are fashioned from brick, clay, and untreated...
Austria, Seestraße, 4830 Hallstatt, Austria
Hallstatt is a small village situated on a lake of the same name. It is an excellent day trip destination from Salzburg and the beauty will not disappoint you. There are multiple ways of getting to Hallstatt from Salzburg. The journey takes about...
Schwarzstraße 24, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
To call the marionettes of Salzburg puppets seems wrong, albeit accurate. The Salzburg institution, which has been in existence since 1917 is more than just a show, it is an art that requires immense effort and passion from everybody involved. The...
Oberkrimml 42, 5743 Krimml, Austria
Austria's historic and cultural allure may only be surpassed by the country's natural beauty. The Krimmler Waterfalls in the Hohe Tauern National Park are a perfect example of how mother nature must have taken a particular liking to our Alpine...
Morzger Str. 31, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
“Tracht,” Austria’s traditional dress, is an important part of local culture. The Dirndl and Lederhosen of Salzburg, for example, have been part of the region’s history for centuries and are unique in style and folklore to the Alpine area. If you...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Restaurants + Cafés Italy Is Getting Its First Starbucks and Italians Are Conflicted
- 4 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 5 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free