Collected by Brianne McElhiney
Kampenwandstraße 85, 83229 Aschau im Chiemgau, Germany
Sixteen apartments—plus a library and wine cellar—owned by German furniture designer Nils Holger Moormann sit at the foot of the Bavarian Alps. Inside a 17th-century estate, Moormann’s modern interiors are fashioned from brick, clay, and untreated...
Austria, Seestraße, 4830 Hallstatt, Austria
Hallstatt is a small village situated on a lake of the same name. It is an excellent day trip destination from Salzburg and the beauty will not disappoint you. There are multiple ways of getting to Hallstatt from Salzburg. The journey takes about...
Schwarzstraße 24, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
To call the marionettes of Salzburg puppets seems wrong, albeit accurate. The Salzburg institution, which has been in existence since 1917 is more than just a show, it is an art that requires immense effort and passion from everybody involved. The...
Oberkrimml 42, 5743 Krimml, Austria
Austria's historic and cultural allure may only be surpassed by the country's natural beauty. The Krimmler Waterfalls in the Hohe Tauern National Park are a perfect example of how mother nature must have taken a particular liking to our Alpine...
Morzger Str. 31, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
“Tracht,” Austria’s traditional dress, is an important part of local culture. The Dirndl and Lederhosen of Salzburg, for example, have been part of the region’s history for centuries and are unique in style and folklore to the Alpine area. If you...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked