Collected by Margie Gibson
Linderhof 12, 82488 Ettal, Germany
Schloss Linderhof might be the smallest of the three palaces built by King Ludwig II, but it is nothing short of extravagant. Inspired by France's Palace of Versailles, this "Royal Villa" is the only palace that King Ludwig II lived to see...
82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Assumption Day in the Werdenfels region mixes pre-Christian traditions with the Christian story of the Assumption of Mary. In pre-Christian times, medicinal herbs were picked in mid-August, at a period of peak potency. This much-loved tradition...
- 1 Air Travel How Much Do Masks Really Protect You on Flights?
- 2 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 3 Trains There’s Now a Direct High-Speed Train From Amsterdam to London
- 4 Tips + News Costa Rica Opens to All U.S. Travelers—No COVID Test or Quarantine Required
- 5 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You’ll Probably Have to Quarantine as List Hits Record High