Collected by Vince
Obermarkt 1, 82481 Mittenwald, Germany
The antique furniture is as sturdy as the plates of sausage and cheese served by lederhosen-clad waiters at Hotel Alpenrose, a frescoed inn on the main Obermarkt plaza. This appeared in the August/September 2014 issue.
In Elmau 2, 82493 Krün, Germany
It’s easy to see Sound of Music parallels at the Schloss Elmau, a sprawling temple of wellness and culture (Turkish baths! Piano concerts! Grassy hills made for yodeling!) surrounded by mountain peaks. This appeared in the August/September 2014...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now