Batumi's Top 5
Collected by Jenny Adams , AFAR Local Expert
ul. Maghnolii, d. 1, Batumi 6010, Georgia
Batumi’s botanical garden offers a fantastic view of the Black Sea coast as well as an assortment of plants from East Asia, North America, South America, the Himalayas, Mexico, New Zealand, Australia, the Mediterranean and the Transcaucasia humid...
16 Gogebashvili St, Batumi, Georgia
Gondolas always manage to fuse transportation and a sense of fun, and this one—opened in 2013—is no exception. Take in sweeping panoramas that include Batumi’s church spires, quaint rooftops and curving shoreline during the 10-minute ride from the...
1 Rustaveli Ave, Batumi, Georgia
Opened in 1952, this theater, named for 19th-century Georgian poet, writer and activist Ilia Chavchavadze, is the oldest in the entire Ajaria region of Georgia. From the street, its towering columns and majestic facade are hard to miss, but the...
Ninoshvili St, Batumi, Georgia
One of the most striking buildings in Batumi is the Summer Theater. The wooden facade features large round windows as well as cascading geometric patterns in alternating lighter and darker finishes with carved ornamentation. Inside, the ceiling...
Seaside Boulevard, Batumi, Georgia
One of the best ways to enjoy Batumi is by biking the town's miles of safe bike paths. Festive bright-green cruiser-style bicycles may be rented year round for solo trips, or for guided tours that pedal down the waterfront Batumi Boulevard and...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May