Collected by Rebecca Marschall
Edgard, LA 70049, USA
We rented a car and drove out of New Orleans for a day to see some of the plantation Homes. Not being from the South, we wanted to take the opportunity to see a piece of our country's history even with the gloomy knowledge of slavery as part of...
3322 Lake St, Baton Rouge, LA 70802, USA
If you're looking for a place to sober up over an omelette or to grab a quick lunch before an LSU football game, head straight over to Louie's Cafe. The 24 hour diner has been serving up Southern classics since 1941. Louie himself worked behind...
1624 Wyoming St, Baton Rouge, LA 70802, USA
Local boys founded Tin Roof Brewing in 2010 after trips to Colorado's finest breweries. Their brews are very much the product of their surroundings, inspired by Baton Rouge. The blonde ale, Perfect Tin amber ale and Voodoo Bengal pale ale are all...
Avery Island, LA 70560, USA
Where can you find an island rising above a wetland marsh that provides for thousands of snowy egrets nesting on man-made stilt platforms and a historic factory producing over 700,000 bottles of a fire-hot red sauce a day? Only one place in world,...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May