Collected by stephanie sachetta
Petersplatz, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
When October rolls around, I always look forward to Basel's Herbstmesse. Launched in 1417, it is the longest-running autumn fair in Europe. Nowadays, a huge ferris wheel dominates the city's Munsterplatz, and there are rides and food-and-drinks...
Marktpl., Basel, Switzerland
The Swiss celebrate the founding of the Confederation on 1 August, with fireworks and outdoor concerts in town and country. In Basel, the party starts the evening before, with food stands and tables set up in the Marktplatz and along both sides of...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December