Collected by Arron Hazell
Skalitzer Str. 51, 10997 Berlin, Germany
Named after wilderness activist John Muir, this trendy cocktail bar in Kreuzberg serves classic libations with a twist. The menu regularly changes, and the interior of the basement bar (lit by candles) is cozy and comfortable—great for cool...
Brunnenstraße 197-198, 10119 Berlin, Germany
If you're looking for the epitome of "Hipster Berlin," you can't find anyplace more suitable than Mein Haus am See. In the most hip area of Mitte, Rosenthaler Platz, the cafe is more than just a coffee spot. It's also a bar and club. During the...
Neukölln, Berlin, Germany
Popois what kids call their bum. The bar was a hair salon before. Now they have concerts, readings—very, very different stuff. My friend had a performance art show there that was pretty political. This story appeared in the July/August 2010 issue....
Jägerstraße 34, 10117 Berlin, Germany
The area around Hausvogteiplatz might be best-known for its embassies and diplomatic residences rather than any kind of bar scene, but it’s worth heading here to try out Berlin’s only punch bar. Lost in Grub Street is an upscale establishment with...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys