Collected by Wanda Realegeno
Carrer de la Força, 4, 17004 Girona, Spain
Walk along the ramparts of Girona's Força Vella, or "Old Fortress." The crumbling 1st century B.C. Roman walls are even more impressive after sunset, when they seem to suddenly appear around a corner, shrouded in shadows and mist.
17534 Queralbs, Girona, Spain
Built in 978, ransacked during the Spanish Civil War and finally restored in the twentieth century -- Església de Sant Jaume de Queralbs is one of the oldest surviving Romanesque churches in Spain. It is worth a visit in and of itself, to the...
Plaça Font del Lleó, 08140 Caldes de Montbui, Barcelona, Spain
Spend a relaxing day exploring Caldes de Montboi, home to one of the hottest hot springs in Europe--the water comes out of the ground here at a piping hot 74ºC. Snap shots of elaborate mosaics in the city's historic Roman baths, stroll across an...
- 1 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 2 Expat Life The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country
- 5 Travel News Choo-Choo Choose This Last-Minute Amtrak Sale for a Valentine’s Day Gift