Collected by Jan Depwe
Carrer d'Ataülf, 6, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Vermouth is that drink which most guide books will completely miss in their recommendations for Barcelona. Sweet, strong and spicy, it's a staple in many bars in the city. Bar Mingus, a hole-in-the-wall tucked into the recesses of the Gothic...
Calle Casp, 86, 08010 Barcelona, Spain
Carrer de València, 73, 08015 Barcelona, Spain
At Bar Ara, the cocktails and food are freshly made, if less-than-extraordinary. The burgers are filling and cheap. When the weather's nice, the terrace is the best place to be even though there's quite a bit of traffic noise. When it's cold or...
Plaça de Sant Galdric, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
La Boqueria Market is a necessary stop on any Barcelona itinerary. Make the most of your time there with a stop at Bar Papitu, a small bar on Sant Galderic Square. Late morning, make like a Catalan, and wash down anchovies and olives with local...
Carrer del Consell de Cent, 171, 08015 Barcelona, Spain
I live around the corner from one of the best vermuterias in the city, a tiny watering hole called Morro Fi. More of a walk-up than a sit-down, this little shop offers two versions of their famous homemade vermut (vermouth for Americans)--white...
Carrer de Rocafort, 106, 08015 Barcelona, Spain
Sip Casa Mariol vermouth garnished pickled guindilla peppers and orange slices on Bodega Gracian's sidewalk terrace in Barcelona's Eixample neighborhood. Next door to a college and a supermarket, it's a favorite with locals and a perfect place for...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village