Barbados for a Week
Collected by Chelsea Harms-Tuohy, AFAR Local Expert
Come thirsty and leave satisfied. Explore the oldest rum distillery in the world, harbored right here in Barbados. For just $10USD, discover the history of rum making in the Caribbean which all started right here. Sample and taste four different...
Brown's Gap, Bridgetown, Barbados
Mauby tastes like Christmas. Traditionally found in the drink form, this creative little local health food shack turned it into a vegan ice cream. And wow was it delicious! Hints of nutmeg and spices, but sweet and tasty. This little family run...
After a delightful tour of the Mount Gay Rum Distillery, we walked our tipsy selves back through Bridgetown, stopping at every stall to inspect the local fruits and veggies. One thing we don't find nearly as often in Puerto Rico is soursop (sugar...
Hastings Main Rd, Bridgetown, Barbados
I live in Puerto Rico, right down from one of the most popular beaches in Rincon. But when I stepped off out of my beach rental in Barbados, the Caribbean was like a whole new world to me. Clear waters, turquoise skies reflecting in the ocean,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now