Barbados for a Week
Collected by Chelsea Harms-Tuohy , AFAR Local Expert
Rum is king in Barbados. While the Mount Gay rum distillery is in the north, guests in Bridgetown can learn all about centuries’ worth of rum production at the Mount Gay Visitor Centre. Of course, a tasting is part of any visit....
Brown's Gap, Bridgetown, Barbados
Mauby tastes like Christmas. Traditionally found in the drink form, this creative little local health food shack turned it into a vegan ice cream. And wow was it delicious! Hints of nutmeg and spices, but sweet and tasty. This little family run...
After a delightful tour of the Mount Gay Rum Distillery, we walked our tipsy selves back through Bridgetown, stopping at every stall to inspect the local fruits and veggies. One thing we don't find nearly as often in Puerto Rico is soursop (sugar...
Hastings Main Rd, Bridgetown, Barbados
I live in Puerto Rico, right down from one of the most popular beaches in Rincon. But when I stepped off out of my beach rental in Barbados, the Caribbean was like a whole new world to me. Clear waters, turquoise skies reflecting in the ocean,...
- 1 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 3 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You'll Have to Quarantine If You're From These 38 States
- 4 Air Travel Southwest Will Soon Stop Blocking Middle Seats
- 5 Tips + News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?