Banff, Alberta, Canada
Collected by John Hollett
405 Spray Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1J4, Canada
Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel was the brainchild of Sir William Cornelius Van Horne, president of the Canadian Pacific Railway. On arrival at Banff, the tourism visionary made the canny observation, "Since we can’t export the scenery, we'll...
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Lake Louise is one of the star attractions in Banff National Park. I actually had to set up my tripod in the water for this shot to get away from the many tourists visiting the lake. If you go, be one of the 1%...the ranger described the 1% as...
1 Whitehorn Rd, Lake Louise, AB T0L 1E0, Canada
Lake Louise Ski Resort isn’t just the largest in the Canadian Rockies. With 4200 acres, it’s also one of the biggest in North America. Located smack-dab in the middle of Banff National Park, skiing in Lake Louise often seems equal parts sport and...
111 Lake Louise Dr, Lake Louise, AB T0L 1E0, Canada
One of Canada’s most iconic hotels, the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is cradled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, surrounded by towering peaks and fully immersed in the protected pristine wilderness of Banff National Park. In the...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States