Collected by Kirstin Sullivan
Mostar 88000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
I can’t name all the ways our hostess made us feel at home—but I’ll list a few. When we arrived, road weary, she had muffins ready for us, baked with locally-grown, organic flour—and local fruit brandy. She dug up turtles to amuse our kids—despite...
Baščaršija, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bascarcija, the Ottoman center of Sarajevo, is a lot like the markets of Istanbul. Or, it's a lot like what the markets of Istanbul would be like if they took a handful of Valium and relaxed. Nobody bustles, and nobody seems to be in a hurry. A...
Kaptol, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
As any experienced bar-goer knows, you're really going need to visit the bathroom at some point. Zlatna Ribica (Goldfish) in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina has managed to accomplish the nearly impossible: a rare combination of a great bar...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019