Collected by babs perkins
Cankurtaran Mh., 34122 Fatih/Istanbul, Turkey
The Istanbul archaeology museum blows your mind from the moment you step through the door and confront that massive, leering statue of Bes splaying an upturned lamb. But high among its mind-blowing moments are the rooms devoted to anthropoid...
Ciglane bb, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
As interesting as the city of Sarajevo is, the tragic side is still very evident. Many of the buildings are still bombed out from the war, with bullet holes in them and also in some signs around town. The most tragic thing however is all the grave...
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
In the decade after the latest Balkan conflict, the Sarajevo-based outfitter Green Visions started leading safe and affordable trips through this hardscrabble corner of Europe. A four-day hike in the rustic Bjelasnica area passes local herdsmen,...
Višegrad, Bosnia and Herzegovina
This is the beautiful, historically and architecturally important Mehmed Paša Sokolović Bridge in Visegrad. It is a UNESCO world heritage site, and was featured in the Nobel Prize winning novel The Bridge on the Drina by Ivo Andric, which...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico