Collected by Scott Vanderpoel
Fra Anđela Zvizdovića 8, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Salep is a warm drink made from the tubers of an orchid genus called Orchis (according to Wikipedia at least). It tastes a little like warm horchata—comforting and creamy. In fact, we thought it was rice-based at first. Morica Han is an old...
Kaptol, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Zlatna Ribica ("goldfish") Bar in Sarajevo, on Kaptol just north of Marsala Tita, has a Sarajevo-hipster-mixed-with-postwar-intellectual vibe, including the cluttered ephemera-filled decor, the thick cigarette smoke, and the handlebar-mustachioed...
Mostar 88000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you venture to Mostar, and I recommend you do, and you’re up for some no-frills, delicious, Bosnian local specialties, this is the place to visit. It doesn’t look like much, and to be fair, we likely would have passed it by if it wasn’t so...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles