Collected by Valerie Salon
Si Phraya, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
After eating amazing dish after amazing dish, I knew I wanted to leave Thailand knowing how to bring some of the flavors I'd experienced into my own kitchen. Silom Thai Cooking School was the perfect place to do that. Gung, our teacher, was...
Chakkrawat, Samphanthawong, Bangkok, Thailand
Saphan Phut (Memorial Bridge) market is the alternative to the tourist obliterated markets of Bangkok. The crowd here is 100% locals and teenagers, and it makes for some great people-watching. I had my tarot cards read here in enthusiastic if not...
Koh Phi Phi Le, Ko Phi Phi, อำเภอเมืองกระบี่ กระบี่ 81000, Thailand
Maya Bay is no real secret - Leonardo DiCarprio's The Beach took care of that - but it is still one of the most naturally stunning places on earth. The old Thai longboats that settle in on the beach help add to the atmosphere too. As far as pure...
Tanjung, Jl. Pratama, Benoa, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
Jalan Penatahan-Wongayagede, Wongaya Gede, Penebel, Wongaya Gede, Penebel, Kabupaten Tabanan, Bali 85125, Indonesia
Pura Luhur Batukaru is one the most important temples on the island of Bali as it is one of the nine directional temples that protects the island from evil spirits. Unlike other Balinese sacred sites, Batukaru sees very few tourists due to its...
Sanur, South Denpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia
- 1 Travel Tips Surprising Countries Where U.S. Citizens Need an Advance Visa
- 2 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 3 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 4 Expat Life The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 5 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast