Collected by Kevin Favro, AFAR Staff
Jl. Kebun Raya, Candikuning, Baturiti, Kabupaten Tabanan, Bali 82191, Indonesia
While quality time on the beach might be the first thing that comes to mind for many visitors to Bali, Bedugul—a mountain lake resort area at the heart of the island—is an experience not to be missed. There are three major lakes (Bratan,...
Padangbai, Manggis, Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia
There are some big fish out there in the Indian Ocean and you can get out and try to hook one for yourself. Arranging fishing trips in a small traditional boat or a bigger more modern boat is easy. The best fishing spots are on the east coast from...
After taking classes for a month, I am deemed worthy enough to perform the traditional Balinese Welcome Dance in front of a gathering of friends. After adequately performing a dance that any eight year old Balinese girl could do, the following act...
Prinsengracht, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Beyond tulips, windmills, and weed, Amsterdam's global image is entwined with water. The Canal Ring (Grachtengordel) is made up of 165 fluid channels developed during the 17th-century Dutch Golden Age. In the ensuing years, the water network has...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States