Collected by Kevin Favro, AFAR Contributor
Jl. Kebun Raya, Candikuning, Baturiti, Kabupaten Tabanan, Bali 82191, Indonesia
While quality time on the beach might be the first thing that comes to mind for many visitors to Bali, Bedugul—a mountain lake resort area at the heart of the island—is an experience not to be missed. There are three major lakes (Bratan,...
Padangbai, Manggis, Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia
There are some big fish out there in the Indian Ocean and you can get out and try to hook one for yourself. Arranging fishing trips in a small traditional boat or a bigger more modern boat is easy. The best fishing spots are on the east coast from...
After taking classes for a month, I am deemed worthy enough to perform the traditional Balinese Welcome Dance in front of a gathering of friends. After adequately performing a dance that any eight year old Balinese girl could do, the following act...
Prinsengracht, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Beyond tulips, windmills, and weed, Amsterdam's global image is entwined with water. The Canal Ring (Grachtengordel) is made up of 165 fluid channels developed during the 17th-century Dutch Golden Age. In the ensuing years, the water network has...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands