Collected by Beth hall
Jl. Raya Candidasa, Sengkidu, Manggis, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80871, Indonesia
Visit this quiet village in eastern Bali for hand-loomed geringsing ikat weavings. Protected from outside development, the village still operates according to ancient traditions, and the residents are descended from one of the oldest Balinese...
Jl. Sulawesi No. 1, Dangin Puri Kangin, Denpasar Barat, Dauh Puri Kangin, Denpasar Bar., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80233, Indonesia
Badung is a traditional marketplace in Bali. This is the least expensive place to bargain for handcrafted objects to take home with you, as well as to buy spices (cinnamon, cloves, saffron, and sea salt). Making your way through these bustling...
Jl. Akasia XVI No.100, Sumerta Kelod, Denpasar Tim., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80223, Indonesia
I was fortunate enough to be in Bali recently for some work, and I had some free time to explore around the island..(when there wasn't any good surf...!) A couple hours from Kuta Beach (main beach in Bali) there are a bunch of beautiful villages...
Tenganan, Manggis, Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia
In an island well known for its mass tourism, there is a shining light. JED Community Ecotours, links four local villages and one turtle conservation project whose passion is culture and environment of Bali. One village engaging in the program is...
- 1Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer
- 2Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 3Air TravelHow to Get Through TSA Quickly During Its Busiest Summer Ever
- 4News and OpeningsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 5Travel NewsYou Could Be Denied a Passport if You Have Unpaid Taxes