Collected by Beth hall
Jl. Raya Candidasa, Sengkidu, Manggis, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80871, Indonesia
Visit this quiet village in eastern Bali for hand-loomed geringsing ikat weavings. Protected from outside development, the village still operates according to ancient traditions, and the residents are descended from one of the oldest Balinese...
Dangin Puri Kangin, Jl. Sulawesi No.1, Dauh Puri Kangin, Denpasar Bar., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80233, Indonesia
Badung is a traditional marketplace in Bali. This is the least expensive place to bargain for handcrafted objects to take home with you, as well as to buy spices (cinnamon, cloves, saffron, and sea salt). Making your way through these bustling...
Jl. Akasia XVI No.100, Sumerta Kelod, Denpasar Tim., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80223, Indonesia
I was fortunate enough to be in Bali recently for some work, and I had some free time to explore around the island..(when there wasn't any good surf...!) A couple hours from Kuta Beach (main beach in Bali) there are a bunch of beautiful villages...
Tenganan, Manggis, Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia
In an island well known for its mass tourism, there is a shining light. JED Community Ecotours, links four local villages and one turtle conservation project whose passion is culture and environment of Bali. One village engaging in the program is...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter