Bahrain for Families
Collected by Jake Green
Bahrain means "two seas" in Arabic; visitors to the relatively liberal and cosmopolitan Manama can go dolphin-watching, scuba diving, and even pearl diving. The National Museum is stunning, and a must-visit before seeing the ancient burial mounds of A’ali.
sakir، الزلاق، Bahrain
The Kingdom of Bahrain was not only the first country in the Gulf to discover oil but also the first to establish a flora and fauna preserve. For over 30 years Al Areen has been a safe haven for the Arabian Peninsula’s most endangered species,...
Government Ave, Manama, Bahrain
Just behind the Bab Al Bahrain (The Gateway to Bahrain), amongst the Bangladeshi barbershops and Thai massage parlors, lies a labyrinth mishmash of perfume vendors, spice traders, and hubbly-bubbly hawkers touting their wares to locals and...
Osama Bin Zaid Ave, Manama, Bahrain
When the kids have had enough of their foodie parents’ culinary affectations and "adventures in eating," Fuddruckers’s build-your-own-burger bar will satisfy that craving for the familiar. Conveniently situated next to a bowling alley and...
Manama Souq, Manama 304, Bahrain
As Bahraini and as authentic as it gets, Haji Gatwa, situated next to the Bab Al Bahrain, doesn’t even have a menu—just order your local faves depending on the time of day. Go for the ghoozi—grilled lamb stuffed with rice, boiled eggs, onions, and...
Rd No 2819, Seef, Bahrain
If a traditional Arabic souq is just a little too atmospheric for you, try an updated, air-conditioned version under a glass ceiling at A’ali Mall. From heavily spiked fortress doors to keyhole archways, cantilevered lamp posts, and wooden carts...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States