Bahia de Samana
With its crest of palm trees fringed by sugar-white sand and tempting Caribbean water, Cayo Levantado perfectly embodies the idyllic desert island. The small islet sits near the mouth of Bahía de Samaná. An exclusive private resort...
Santa Bárbara de Samaná, also called Samaná City, is the main settlement and port in the bay bearing its name, as well as the capital of the surrounding province. It sits along a cove on the north side of the bay, and as ships...
Deep inside Bahía de Samaná is the dense rain forest of Los Haitises National Park, one of the Dominican Republic’s most scenic and special nature preserves. From the water, it appears as formidable, hilly terrain blanketed by...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights