Collected by wendy smith
Fort MacLeod, AB T0L 0Z0, Canada
From a distance, Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump looks like any other Canadian Rockies foothill area, but closer inspection reveals a UNESCO World Heritage site that holds 6,000 years of First Nations (native peoples') history beneath its grassy...
110 Century Dr W, East Coulee, AB T0J 1B0, Canada
This guided climb took me eight stories high and along a 210-foot underground conveyor, inside Canada's last-standing wooden coal mine. What goes up, must come down, and the only way is via a series of rickety stairs cut into the mountainside, and...
1500 N Dinosaur Trail, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y0, Canada
The Royal Tyrrell is a family-friendly shrine to all things dino, and would feel like one of the world's most beautiful art galleries if so many of the exhibits weren't so hands-on, though I'll admit I was warned at least twice to keep from...
Dinosaur Provincial Park has more than a great name; the park also features dino bones (check them out on the self-guided interpretive trails or on a tour), an excellent museum, and some of the most beautiful countryside in Alberta, from...
320 Railway Ave E, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y4, Canada
The Heartwood Inn is the sort of place you hope you might come across when you imagine the perfect long road trip — warm, cozy, welcoming, with plenty of local charm. Each of the Inn's rooms is unique, the spa services exactly what the doctor...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May