Back to Asia
Collected by Celeste LeCompte, AFAR Local Expert
Fengxin Rd, Baoan Qu, Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong Sheng, China, 511700
Picking lychees in season (usually late June) is probably the most memorable experience I've had in Shenzhen. A Chinese friend drove us up to Guangming, a rural district in the northern part of Shenzhen, and we paid a small fee to climb trees and...
25 Lok Ku Rd, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
We spent a lovely Saturday in my favorite kitchen store in Hong Kong, Pantry Magic. Between shelves of pie pans and colorful hand towels, we learned how to cook some amazing recipes. In this class, Jason Black from the Salted Pig restaurant taught...
24 Zhonglouwan Hutong, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
Explore the back streets near Andingmen Station for a glimpse of everyday life in the hutongs of Beijing. While in the area, stop for a drink at the unexpectedly hip Siif Cafe. As the sign out front says, they have good coffee, along with...
Chifeng Rd, HengLong GuangChang, Heping Qu, Tianjin Shi, China, 300041
Reminiscent of both Gaudi and Vegas, the Porcelain House is an old French-style mansion that has been encrusted—inside and out—with colorful antique pottery and crystal. Porcelain collector Zhang Lianzhi bought the building, built during the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village