Collected by Jacqueline To
to do list :)
São Miguel Island, Portugal
Santa Bárbara beach, on the north coast of São Miguel Island, is known by the local surfers as one of the best spots to surf – mainly because of the waves and perfect surfing conditions. Also known as Areais, it is an excellent beach break with...
Rua Padre José Jacinto Botelho, 5, 9675-061 Furnas, S. Miguel - Açores, Portugal
The Thermal Water Pool of Terra Nostra Park is without doubt a highlight of the Azores. Built in 1780, by Thomas Hickling, the American consul who had the original idea for Terra Nostra Park, the Thermal Water Pool began to form part of the...
Canada Nova 34 - 36 Rochela, Praia, 9880-241 São Mateus, Portugal
‘Queijadas da Graciosa’ are a typical sweet from Graciosa but they are also famous outside the Azores. Star-shaped, they were typical in every gathering on the island, becoming a tradition in Graciosa’s families. Nowadays they are baked by the...
Ponta Delgada, Portugal
In the Azores, the weather and the esplanades with amazing sights to the volcanic islands ask for a cold beer. And like the saying: ‘in the Azores, be Azoren’ and ask for an Especial – the traditional beer from the islands. Especial, a Pilsener...
Sete Cidades, 9555 Ginetes, Portugal
"They say" that the 2 lagoons that make up the Lagoa das Sete Cidades used to be different colours... one blue and one green, but in recent times they have blended together and you can not longer see a colour difference. Regardless, these lagoons...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles