Collected by oto_graf
Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Thailand
Long before Bangkok became the capital of Thailand, when Thailand was known as Siam, the ancient city of Ayuthaya sat as the powerful ruling empire. But as the world reshaped itself, Ayuthaya would fall to Burma and the capital of Siam would...
Naresuan Rd, Tambon Tha Wa Su Kri, Amphoe Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Chang Wat Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 13000, Thailand
As the old capital of the Kingdom of Siam, Ayutthaya is filled with wats, wats, and more wats. Most all the sights are spread out on the island in the center of the city, which is essentially one large park, with the functioning modern town built...
ตำบล ประตูชัย อำเภอ พระนครศรีอยุธยา พระนครศรีอยุธยา 13000, Thailand
Go check out the Reclining Buddha at Wat Lokaya Suttharam on the west side of the inner island portion of the ancient city, and former Thai capital, Ayuttaya. The complex at this wat was leveled during a war with the invading Burmese, so all that...
Ban Pom, อำเภอ เมืองพระนครศรีอยุธยา Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 13000, Thailand
A ruin at Wat Chaiwatanaram in Ayutthaya. The city was once the second capital of Siam and was burned down during long siege by the Burmese. Scattered through Ayutthaya now are the ruins of the old kingdom.
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter