Collected by Jen Smith
At 5am the Schrannenmarkt is set up in Salzburg’s old town. Some of the farmers selling their fresh produce here have been doing so for decades – the waiting list for one of the coveted stands can be ten years. If you want to get the first pick,...
Makartplatz 8, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
By 1773 the Mozart family had outgrown their residence on bustling Getreidegasse and moved across the river to the more spacious Tanzmeisterhaus, the former home of the court dancing instructor. Mozart lived here until 1781, when he moved to...
Alter Markt 9, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Café culture is an essential part of the Austrian experience, and there's no better place to find it in Salzburg than at the historic Café Tomaselli. Dating back to 1700 and owned by the Tomaselli family since 1852, the great...
Schwarzstraße 24, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
To call the marionettes of Salzburg puppets seems wrong, albeit accurate. The Salzburg institution, which has been in existence since 1917 is more than just a show, it is an art that requires immense effort and passion from everybody involved. The...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands