Collected by Donald T Barkemeyer
Stephansplatz 1, 1010 Wien, Austria
In the heart of Vienna sits St. Stephen's Cathedral. Built in the late 12th century, it's a grand piece of beauty borrowing both from the Romanesque and Gothic styles of architecture. Unlike St. Vitus in Prague, St. Stephen's shimmers with light...
8962 Gröbming, Austria
At the very end of a valley, tucked below super-steep, spruce-filled mountain slopes, the Schwarzensee (Black Lake) offers the ultimate in meditative possibilities. It’s the largest of several waterfall-fed lakes in Styria’s Sölktäler Nature Park,...
Dorf 199, 6764 Lech, Austria
Wedged between Germany, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein, the tiny but prosperous province of Vorarlberg is booming in winter, when skiers and fans of other snow sports descend. In summer, the fun centers on the Green Ring, a three-day trail that...
4273 Unterweißenbach, Austria
Up north near the Czech border, Mühlviertl is so off the charts that it’s entirely possible you won’t encounter another outsider as you explore its woods, rolling hills, and pastureland. In recent years, hundreds of miles of bridal paths have also...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter