Collected by Kevin V
650 Lachlan Rd, Lachlan TAS 7140, Australia
A Tasmanian chef leads guests from garden to kitchen at the incredible The Agrarian Kitchen. The sustainable farm-based cooking school is situated in a 19th century schoolhouse at Lachlan, 45 minutes from Hobart in Tasmania’s Derwent Valley. Chef...
Taranna TAS 7180, Australia
We kayaked halfway around Australia’s heart-shaped island state in four weeks and almost every night dined off what we caught or pried from the sea. When the tide was low, we would pull over and knife oysters and clams from the coral and bake them...
Cradle Mountain Road, Cradle Mountain TAS 7310, Australia
Cradle mountain and much of Tasmania is brimming with natural beauty and rugged wild landscapes. I spent a day hiking some of Cradle mountain's day hikes through forest, grass lands, and hills, running across exotic looking wild flowers, birds, an...
A hike down to Wine Glass Bay in Tasmania's Freycinet National Park is hardly the afternoon stroll that rangers make it out to be. But the effort is more than compensated by the gorgeous views and the wallabies waiting on the sand. Signs tell you...
Coles Bay Rd, Coles Bay TAS 7215, Australia
Australia does open-air dining like nowhere else on earth. Enjoy Australian seafood while surrounded by world-class beauty. At the Freycinet Marine Oyster Farm, guests at Saffire get fitted out in waterproof gear to explore the beautiful bay, and...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos