Collected by Scott Henderson
30 Argyle St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
One of Australia’s most acclaimed restaurants happens to be in Hobart, where chef Analiese Gregory plays with local, foraged, and homegrown ingredients in her daily-changing menu. One night, you might find burrata curd tossed with saltbush...
2862 Lyell Hwy, Hayes TAS 7140, Australia
Situated on a farm a 50-minute drive northwest of Hobart, Two Metre Tall’s brewery is worth the detour. On Fridays and Sundays, the outdoor bar serves experimental beers and ciders made with local apples, hops, and other ingredients. Don’t miss...
Pumphouse Point, Pumphouse Point Rd, Lake St Clair TAS 7140, Australia
Sandwiched between Lake St. Clair proper and St. Clair Lagoon, Pumphouse Point is a chic but rustic wilderness resort with 18 rooms spread across two buildings: the Shorehouse, on the banks of the lake, and the Pumphouse, located out in the...
655 Main Rd, Berriedale TAS 7011, Australia
The cold-weather spinoff of the renowned MONA FOMA (MoFo) festival, put on by Hobart’s boundary-pushing Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), is not for the faint of heart: Over the course of a week, there’s eye-opening music and art,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States