Collected by Emily Taylor
3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703, USA
There is nothing like a Texas sunset. One of my favorite places to catch the sunset is at the Hula Hut on Lake Austin Blvd, a spot that has a deck that overlooks the lake and the dam. The restaurant provides the perfect vista for the sunset while...
603 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78703, USA
Leading the charge for independent bookstores since it opened in 1970, Book People is legendary for creativity and a strong calendar of events. The store holds frequent author signings—and we're talking big authors—and book...
1500 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704, USA
My favorite thing about my neighborhood (besides the Whip In - http://www.afar.com/highlights/a-south-austin-institution) is South Congress Avenue. It is home to my favorite coffee shop and several of my favorite restaurants (South Congress Cafe,...
319 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Start your day in a modern Brasserie in the heart of downtown Austin. Inspired by the bustling bistros and great sidewalk cafés of Europe, owner Love Nance reinvigorated the legendary Day Building at 319 Congress and created a space not only for...
626 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78703, USA
Legendary food in a tiny locale. Counter cafe has what you are looking for in a Diner, creative-good-comfort food, interesting people, a great counter. Come with your newspaper or strike a conversation with the waiter. Recognized by Texas Monthly...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December