Collected by Nikki Bayley, AFAR Local Expert
475 Bill Kennedy Way SE, Atlanta, GA 30316, USA
A critic’s favorite offering specials most evenings, such as Tasting Plate Tuesdays and Comfort Food Sundays, this farm-fresh bistro is a great introduction to Southern-inspired cooking at a reasonable price. Check out the huge global wine...
5442 Frontage Rd #110, Forest Park, GA 30297, USA
A must for any aviation fans, this small—but packed—museum is run by incredibly helpful and knowledgeable staff, and you’ll find plenty here amongst the 35,000 artifacts to keep you—and any other plane nuts, no matter how big or small—occupied for...
121 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
At Atlanta’s World of Coca-Cola, you can taste dozens of Coke flavors from around the world (beware the bitter “Beverly” from Italy) and pose for pictures with the adorable polar bear from the holiday commercials. The perfect...
6714 GA-85, Riverdale, GA 30274, USA
Explore your creative side at the Seven Arts Center, where kids and adults can tap into expert tuition in the worlds of music, art, drama, and poetry. If you’re just in town for a few days you can pre-register for a private class and sharpen up...
5495 Old National Hwy # A1, Atlanta, GA 30349, USA
Want to see how the locals have fun? Get down to Grown Folks on a Thursday evening and learn how to line dance with the Southside Steppers—Atlanta’s number one dance group—and a 30-something crowd that's up for good times. Not a fancy joint, more...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States