Collected by Chris Lynch
Kidathineon 41, Athina 105 58, Greece
While sitting outside at a café in Plaka, the historical neighborhood in Athens, a brightly colored wall across the way—filled with bottles—caught my eye. Ouzo was something I wanted to try, as it is for many first-time visitors to Greece, but...
Plaka, Athens 105 58, Greece
We picked up some gyros to-go during our stroll through the historic Plaka neighborhood below the Acropolis. Thespidos street was particularly memorable for the cafe we stopped at and discovering Brettos bar, which we decided to come back to enjoy...
Mitropoleos, Athina 105 56, Greece
My new Greek friend introduced me to the "freddo cappuccino," something very different than anything found in Italy or anywhere else for that matter. I got scolded for slurping it up in under three minutes and was told the Greek way is to make it...
Dionysiou Areopagitou 3, Athina 117 42, Greece
After a hot and crowded visit to the breathtaking Acropolis, I enjoyed a wonderful treat of fresh Greek yogurt with my choice of unique toppings. On that particular day, I selected candied bergamot, crushed biscuits, and almond slivers. If that...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village