Collected by Jen
Ερωτοκρίτου και, Erechtheos 16, Athina 105 56, Greece
When in Athens, venture away from the typical sites and explore the neighborhood of Anafiotika. It's like a tiny quiet village was planted in the middle of a major metropolis. A relic of the old days, the area now is a maze of small decorative...
Pl. Sintagmatos, Athina 105 63, Greece
Syntagma Square is most notoriously known for its political demonstrations in front of the Parliament Building. All the major events in Greece over the past century have been mourned or celebrated here, and it's a hub of activity. Grassy areas...
Dionysiou Areopagitou 3, Athina 117 42, Greece
After a hot and crowded visit to the breathtaking Acropolis, I enjoyed a wonderful treat of fresh Greek yogurt with my choice of unique toppings. On that particular day, I selected candied bergamot, crushed biscuits, and almond slivers. If that...
Acropolis, Athens 116 36, Greece
The Acropolis is, for most people, the "can't miss" site. Because of its popularity it can be very busy, and the hours seem to change constantly. There's also the possibility that the workers might go on strike, which can mess with your plans as...
Akropolis, Athina 105 58, Greece
See our full list of Where to Go in 2015. According to legend, the ancient gods battled it out to become Athens' patron deity. The showdown came after the Phoenicians founded a city at a giant rock near the Aegean some two and a half million years...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States