Collected by AFAR Explorer
Rio Grande Trail, Colorado, USA
My morning routine in Aspen always starts with a run along the Rio Grande Trail. The trail is easily accessed from downtown and stretches 41 miles between Aspen and Glenwood Springs with an elevation change of 2,120 feet. It used to be an old...
100 Frying Pan Rd, Basalt, CO 81621, USA
Located 20 minutes away from Snowmass Village is an angler’s delight on the renowned Flying Pan River. This pristine river is home to some of the best fly fishing in the world and thousands of dedicated fishermen come to test their skill and catch...
Crested Butte, CO 81224, USA
Just because this small mountain town has only one stoplight doesn’t mean it can’t serve up some delicious food. For tasty and fast Mexican food, there’s Teocalli Tamale right on the main drag, Elk Street. For hot and cold drinks...
Independence Pass, Colorado 81210, USA
Driving up Independence Pass is a beautiful way to spend the afternoon and along the way to the top of this 12,096’ pass you can stop at highlights. For the thrill seekers, near the Grottos there is a series of waterfalls that flow into a crystal...
121 S Galena St #A, Aspen, CO 81611, USA
You can’t leave Aspen without trying the locally brewed beer at Aspen Brewing Company. Located on restaurant row above Over Easy, the Aspen Brewing Company has all the local favorites on tap. Get a sampler to see which one you prefer or try...
- 1 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 2 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 3 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 5 Natural Wonders California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom