Collected by AFAR Explorer
1280 Ute Ave, Aspen, CO 81611, USA
I wouldn’t recommend doing the Ute Trail hike on your first day in Aspen, especially if you come from sea level, but it is definitely a must see. Known as one of the harder hikes in Aspen, it is short but sweet. You traverse up the side of Aspen...
Rio Grande Trail, Colorado, USA
My morning routine in Aspen always starts with a run along the Rio Grande Trail. The trail is easily accessed from downtown and stretches 41 miles between Aspen and Glenwood Springs with an elevation change of 2,120 feet. It used to be an old...
100 Frying Pan Rd, Basalt, CO 81621, USA
Located 20 minutes away from Snowmass Village is an angler’s delight on the renowned Flying Pan River. This pristine river is home to some of the best fly fishing in the world and thousands of dedicated fishermen come to test their skill and catch...
Crested Butte, CO 81224, USA
Independence Pass, Colorado 81210, USA
Driving up Independence Pass is a beautiful way to spend the afternoon and along the way to the top of this 12,096’ pass you can stop at highlights. For the thrill seekers, near the Grottos there is a series of waterfalls that flow into a crystal...
121 South Galena Street #A, Aspen, CO 81611, USA
You can’t leave Aspen without trying the locally brewed beer at Aspen Brewing Company. Located on restaurant row above Over Easy, the Aspen Brewing Company has all the local favorites on tap. Get a sampler to see which one you prefer or try...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna