Collected by Danny Maleh
Fang Bang Xi Lu, Huangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200085
If you’ve never experienced the art of throwing noodles, then you’re in for a treat. This shot was taken at popular hotpot chain where ordering noodles means both dinner and a show. The art of twisting and tossing a lump of dough into a strand of...
199 Huangpu Rd, Hongkou Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200080
The Hyatt has it in spades when it comes to top views of the city, but while most flock to the Hyatts hidden in the JinMao Tower and World Financial Center (or the “Bottle Opener” as it is affectionally known), it’s the Hyatt on the Bund that...
183 Jiaozhou Rd, Jingan Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200000
Occupying a former factory in the tree-lined Jing’An District, this sleek property uses recycled and locally sourced materials in its design, including reclaimed gray bricks from old Shanghai houses. A wall of antique suitcases salvaged from...
Zhujiajiaozhen, Qingpu, Shanghai, China
On a trip to Shanghai, I took a few days to visit nearby water villages which are considered to be suburbs of Shanghai. These are the places where the canals dominate the village landscape. Often, getting from point A to point B requires transport...
Xuhui, China, 200031
If you want to drink with the young and hip, look no further than Ginseng, located on Yongkang Road, an up-and-coming bar street. They have a full menu of specialty cocktails, all made with high-end liquors. If you're lucky you'll meet Misha, the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys