Collected by Arwen Joyce , AFAR Local Expert
Kaikawala, Sri Lanka
While jogging on Induruwa beach in the early morning I came across this lobster fisherman casting his line into an ocean pool formed by boulders just off the coast. He told me he can sell lobsters for Rs. 3500 per kilo (about $30 for 2.2 lbs) and...
Kaikawala,Induruwa, Bentota 86443, Sri Lanka
Sri Villas on Induruwa Beach, Sri Lanka (accessible by the Galle Road between Colombo and Galle just south of Bentota) can be rented by the room or by the house. 12 friends and I had the entire compound to ourselves for a few days last week - what...
77, Lebuh Muntri, George Town, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Muntri Mews in Penang is my kind of hotel. Formerly an old mews house, its owners have fitted it out with clean, comfortable rooms that retain the charm of their days as stables (think romantic mosquito nets and wooden beam architectural details)....
228 2nd Cross Street, Colombo 01100, Sri Lanka
N.B. If you are an American switching planes and carriers in India (i.e. you booked flights on two separate airlines) you need a transit visa. My friend Jason found this out too late to apply for the visa at home and unfortunately spent most of...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Europe Proposes Extending Travel Ban Until June 15
- 3 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Countries Coming Out of Lockdown
- 4 Travel News Iceland Begins to Reopen After Rigorous Testing Helps Contain Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Longreads Inside the Growing Community of Families on the Road, Full Time