Aruba, Above and Below the Waves
Collected by Flash Parker, AFAR Ambassador
Aruba is a sailing paradise and famous for open ocean activities ranging from fishing to parasailing and beyond. But it is also an underrated dive destination and excellent for free diving, with some wild dive sites and a wide array of animal species and incredible shipwrecks.
Berea di Piscado, Noord, Aruba
Set sail aboard the Jolly Pirate in the clear waters of Aruba and you can look forward to a day of snorkeling, swimming, swinging, and sipping endless rounds of Pirate’s Poison. For a mere $57 per person, you can don your mask and ogle fish at...
San Nicolas, Aruba
Located southeast of Cabez Reef, Serito is a well-kept secret in the local Aruban diving community. It’s accessible only by private charter, and only after haranguing those in the know—the locals who like to keep it to themselves to ensure that...
Arashi Beach, Noord, Aruba
A trip to Aruba demands at least one snorkeling excursion. Take a trip to Arashi Beach and spy the California Lighthouse, where the sea plays host to the wreck of the Antilla, a 400-foot German freighter. Red Sail Sports offers full- and half-day...
Pos Chikito, Aruba
Just down the road from Zeerover is Mangel Halto Beach, located in Pos Chiquito on the southeast coast just south of the Spanish Lagoon. Rife with marine life, the shallow waters make it a perfect place to snorkel. Powdery sand and beach huts make...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village