Arty Siem Reap
Art and culture lovers are easily stimulated in Siem Reap. Forget the history of an empire, you can scramble the temples for the art alone, with Angkor Wat and the Bayon being the highlights when it comes to bas-reliefs and carvings. The Angkor National Museum is home to fine sculptures and carvings. There are a handful of galleries and a few arty festivals, however, it's the cultural arena where Siem Reap really shines, from the classical Apsara dance shows to the kooky Phare Cambodian Circus.
- 1ArtArticleA Look at Ai Weiwei’s Takeover of New York City’s Public Spaces
- 2PeopleArticleCoolest Travel Jobs: What It’s Like to Be a Professional Ghost Hunter
- 3Travel TipsArticle9 Destinations Where You Can Make a Difference this Holiday Season
- 4Museums + GalleriesArticleThere’s a Museum in Vienna That’s Full of Fake Art
- 5Solo TravelArticleHow to Avoid the Dreaded Table for One on Your Next Solo Trip