Arrecife Top 5
Collected by John Oseid , AFAR Local Expert
Calle Jorge Luis Borges, 16, 35507 Tahiche, Las Palmas, Spain
Also known as Taro de Tahíche, the César Manrique Foundation’s museum was originally the artist’s late-1960s studio-home in a hamlet outside of Arrecife. The all-white house is nestled right into the volcanic lava flows,...
Av. Garafía, 35544 Guatiza, Las Palmas, Spain
From tiny to towering, more than 1,100 species of cacti fill a former quarry at the Jardín de Cactus in the north of the island, a garden complex which owes its design to César Manrique. Nearby, the Jameos del Agua, which were formed by partially...
Ctra. los Castillos, 35500 Arrecife, Las Palmas, Spain
Arrecife’s Castillo de San José is an unexpected place to see works by many important Spanish artists, like Antoni Tàpies and Joan Miró. A fortress built in the 18th century, it now houses the Museo Internacional de Arte Contemporáneo (MIAC)....
Las Palmas, Spain
Part of Lanzarote’s UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, the 52-square-kilometer volcanic Timanfaya National Park is known for its Montañas del Fuego (Fire Mountains), where subsurface temperatures reach up to 1,100 degrees Fahrenheit (593 degrees Celsius)....
Carretera de Yé S/N HARÍA, 35541 Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Spain
Lanzarote – a Spanish delight, a volcanic wonderland, a hidden gem. The most easterly of the seven islands in the Spanish archipelago known as Canary Islands, is a relatively undiscovered island. Many who visit this beautiful place spend their...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum