Collected by Carolyn Stickney
Hot Springs, AR, USA
Apparently Hot Springs has some strong mobster ties. Al Capone used to come to this "Ohio Bar" in town's center. We came to Hot Springs for the Arkansas Derby at the Oaklawn race track. (Word to the wise: reserve your spot and uber/taxi's are...
1285 Petit Jean Mountain Rd, Morrilton, AR 72110, USA
If you like hiking, Arkansas is paradise. One of my favorite trails goes deep into a canyon at Petit Jean State Park and ends at Cedar Falls. When it rains in the spring, the falls change from a trickle to a cascade.
12968 US-62, Eureka Springs, AR 72632, USA
Unseen and barely a hundred yards off the main road into Eureka Springs, AR is this chapel made of glass, wood and indigenous materials from northwestern Arkansas. Commissioned by a school teacher the building is listed on the National Register of...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys