Collected by Roxanne Ramirez
Cattle Track Arts Compound, 6105 N Cattletrack Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, USA
Cattle Track is one of Scottsdale’s best-kept secrets. This clutch of 1930s adobe structures may be located in a typical residential neighborhood, but Cattle Track’s story as an artist colony is extraordinary. Fritz...
7245 E Main St, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA
Rusty Spur Saloon was a bank in the 1920s but today it’s one of the best places for dancing with live country music 364 days of the year (they’re closed on Christmas). Tiny and historic, it’s a come-as-you-are bar where everyone from John Wayne to...
Old Town Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Who says nothing grows in the desert? Local flavor is fresh and on display Saturday mornings during cooler weather at the Old Town Scottsdale Farmers Market, where Arizona-grown oranges and peppers are sold alongside homemade tamales and...
Brown & Stetson Business, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA
The original restaurant in an all-star group that now consists of Baratin wine bar, Bodega market, and AZ Wine Merchants, FnB is still the favorite choice for dinner. Try such seasonal dishes as sunchoke-stuffed trout and the famous braised-leek...
12621 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
The city’s most famous snowbird, architect Frank Lloyd Wright, spent winters at his home and architecture school in the Sonoran Desert. Taliesin West brings the horizontal lines and organic materials of Prairie School design to the desert...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign